Monday, December 5, 2011

Gorilla Bread

I have the most amazing recipe to share today. First, I have to apologize for not posting for so long. I  have a couple of posts floating around in my head, but I just haven't taken the time to write them up for you. This time of year gets busy for everyone, so bear with me and I'll do my best to keep new ideas headed your way.

Way back on Halloween, Carlee asked to watch some PBS Kids during her quiet time. We don't have cable at our house and our bunny ears only get CBS and 4 channels of PBS. Fine by me. I would rather the kids do anything but watch TV. However, Carlee isn't napping anymore, so I do let her watch PBS for a little bit so she rests and this mama gets some time to rest too. Anyway, flipping from CBS to PBS, there was some daytime talk show that had Paula Deen showing how to make monkey bread. It was a super simple recipe and I filed it away to try out. Recently, I thought I'd try it, so I searched online for her recipe and found this tasty variation. You MUST try it. It is a simple treat for a breakfast/brunch or even a dessert. Here's what you need: (note-I made a double batch because my bundt pan is on the larger size. Adjust the ingredients accordingly.)




20 (2 cans of 10) refrigerator biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 T cinnamon
8oz cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup walnuts (optional I did not use these)




Grease and flour a bundt pan. Preheat oven to 400. Combine the sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, stir until dissolved and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside. Open the cans of biscuits. Flatten each biscuit slightly, place a cube of cream cheese in the middle of the biscuit and fold it over, pressing the edges to seal. Drop each biscuit pouch into the cinnamon and sugar to fully coat.










Put half of the nuts in the bottom of the pan. Place the sugared biscuits into the bundt pan. Once the bottom has been covered, pour half of the butter/brown sugar mixture over the biscuits. Repeat the steps using the rest of the ingredients. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove the gorilla bread from the pan while hot to prevent sticking.



I thought my husband was going to melt into the floor when he ate these. He had a look of pure bliss on his face. SURE to be a crowd pleaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment